One of the most useful teaching materials you can find are the Rhythm Flash Cards; with them you can help your students to develop crucial skills for a musician like: pulse, rhythm, memory, reading, multitasking, composing, etc.
You can find websites where you can download them for free like this one, but you also can buy them here fully laminated in 3 different time signatures (4/4, 3/4 and 6/8), plus the early years version with animals pictures and mini ones for individual or small group teaching.
There are several pages with scales accompaniments for violin, but we’d like to share this one from Thomas Gregory, also author of the Vamoosh Books series, because we think they are a brilliant idea and so well developed: every major and minor scale from 1 to 3 octaves (covering Grade 1 to 8), arpeggios, dominant sevenths, diminished and chromatics.
There are basically 2 big sites where we can find CD accompaniments for the most popular pieces for violin students and professionals:
• Play It – Study-Cd For Violin, piano accompaniments recorded at 3 different speeds to practice (slow, medium and real tempo), including some of the most used pedagogical pieces and concertinos like Rieding, Seitz, Accolay, etc.
• Music Minus One: Most of the great concertos from Vivaldi and Bach to Mozart and Tchaikovsky can be found here with orchestral accompaniment.
We’d like to mention some interesting recordings for both teachers and students:
• Concertos from my Childhood, (Itzahk Perlman) Rieding Op.35, Seitz Op.13, Accolay A minor, De Beriot: Scene de Ballet and Viotti no 22
• Violin Concertos for Children Vol 1, Rieding Op.34, Rieding Op.35, Vivaldi Op.7 No 2, Huber Op.7, Kuchler Op.15, Seitz Op.13, Rieding Op.21, Rieding Op.25, Bacewicz and Accolay A minor
• Violin Concertos for Children Vol 2, Vivaldi Op.3 No 3, Seitz Op.12, Hollander Op.62, Ortmans Op.12, De Beriot No 9, De Beriot No 7, Viotti No 22, Haydn G Major and Mozart (Casadesus) “Adelaide” Concerto
• Playmypiece.com, performances of some concertinos, sonatas and other pieces from the Suzuki Method
• HenriVeuxtemps Youtube Channel, hundreds of violin pieces and concertos with the sheet music shown along with the music
Volume 1: 60 First Position Studies (from Op. 45, 54, 74)
Volume 2: 42 Studies (from Op. 45 and 74)
• F. Wohlfahrt Sixty Studies for the Violin Op.45, Ji Young Um
• Kreutzer 40 Etudes, Elizabeth Wallfisch
• Rode 24 Etudes, Oskar Shumsky
• Rode 24 Etudes or Caprices, Axel Strauss
• The Art of the Caprice, Rode, Dont and Gaviniés
• Every Violinists Guide, Caprices-Etudes-Studies, Steven Staryk